The easiest, most cost effective way to finance your solar system
Since 2011, CollectiveSun has been helping nonprofits and tax exempt organizations fund solar projects. Our team of experts understands the financing challenges you face, so we’ve designed our proprietary funding models to minimize the time and effort it takes for you to go solar.
We work with you to secure the simplest and least expensive funding options out there. Our Solar Power Agreement (SPA), a service agreement similar to an equipment lease, knocks 12% or more off of any solar installer bid by monetizing tax credits normally denied tax exempt organizations. CollectiveSun also helps you find the best way to fund the remaining 88% from a combination of options that include low-cost and long-term loans, reserves, donations and crowdlending. Plus, our team uses its knowledge of solar engineering, nonprofit solar finance solutions, and project management to walk you through the entire proposal and installation process.
You end up with a solar system that reduces your carbon footprint and is a $0 down investment with a positive cash flow from day one, so it has an immediate impact on your bottom line. And that’s what we want most for the organizations that are the backbone of our communities – financial and environmental sustainability that allows you to concentrate on your mission.
HOW IT WORKS
If you don’t already have a quote from a solar installer, the first step in going solar is to secure at least 3 solar installation bids through the competitive bidding process. The EnergySage Marketplace is a terrific resource for finding the best installer for your project. CollectiveSun is also happy to introduce you to installers that we’ve worked with in the past.
CollectiveSun will work with you and your chosen installer to coordinate the installation and funding process.
Next, CollectiveSun will work with you to review the different funding options available and help you select the best choice for your organization. CollectiveSun can introduce you to suitable lenders in your region.
Once the CollectiveSun contracts are reviewed and signed, construction will begin on your solar project! This is the exciting part!
As soon as your solar project is completed and the solar panels are energized, you will begin seeing the savings on your energy bill – immediately!
Featured Nonprofit Solar Projects
WHAT OUR PARTNERS IN SUSTAINABILITY HAVE TO SAY
We partnered with CollectiveSun to finance the solar project because of their unique skills and expertise in working with nonprofits. It is with great pleasure that I recommend CollectiveSun to any organization considering solar power for their facilities.
It was a genuine pleasure to work with CollectiveSun to make the switch to solar energy which will allow us to expand the vision of our church. Their expertise, professionalism, and knowledge of the industry were invaluable in making our switch to solar energy easy and affordable. I would absolutely recommend working with CollectiveSun to any church, nonprofit, or ministry seeking to go solar.
The benefit of offering an investment is that many individuals who may not be considering donations now, have another pathway to support our organization. This new style of community engagement opens the door for more people than ever before to connect with TERI and get involved with our organization.
CollectiveSun provided outreach messages and materials and a platform for our community to invest – not donate! – to our solar power project. The appeal was highly successful. We completed our CrowdLending efforts before the 40 – day campaign ended due to the great collaboration between our Center and CollectiveSun’s team members
Our team overseeing the project interviewed several firms, and ultimately chose to work with CollectiveSun. We are so glad we did! Our church chose to install a 100kW system, and we were able to save 15% on our initial installation with CollectiveSun’s proprietary funding model.