First Congregational Church in Swampscott
“First Church …Believing, Serving, and Growing, Together in Christ”
We as a family of Faith Covenant with God and each other:
- to bring people to know Christ and find eternal life;
- to provide a place of worship dedicated to learning and teaching;
- to build a foundation of faith to strengthen us for the trials of life;
- to bring glory to God as a worshipful and nurturing body of believers who encourage spiritual life;
- to reach out to those in need and serve as a beacon to the community;
- to accept the cost and joy of discipleship with our time and treasures;
- to celebrate our diversity with Christian love, forgiveness, and tolerance toward one another.
We seek to uphold our covenant by worshipping God, accepting Christ into our lives, celebrating the sacraments, guided in our daily lives by the scriptures and the example set forth by Jesus.