Van Riper Ellis Broadway Baptist Church
The Broadway Baptist Church was founded on May 31, 1868, as the Weavertown Mission Sunday School at the weaver shop of Joseph Garlick at East 18th Street near 12th Avenue. As an end result, the Church was founded in 1879 as a corporation organized under the laws of the State of New Jersey and holding a charter date 1915.
The Van Riper Ellis Memorial Church began originally as a Sunday School Class held by Mrs. Eleanor Van Riper in her home at the corner of River Road and Morlot Avenue. The first session was held on March 6, 1870. As a result of this Sunday School, the Church was started on February 7, 1930.
On December 30, 1984, the congregations of Van Riper-Ellis Memorial and Broadway Baptist voted to consolidate with the consolidated Church to be known as the Van Riper-Ellis Memorial and Broadway Baptist Church. The Church building is located at the corner of River Road and Morlot Avenue in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. The first Sunday morning Worship Service of the consolidated Church was held on Easter Sunday morning, April 7, 1985.